Anna is a materials scientist and engineer studying for a PhD at UCL in hydrogen storage materials. As a science communicator, she performs regularly with Bright Club, Science Showoff and Engineering Showoff at venues across London and south England, as well as giving public demonstrations and talks at venues like The Royal Institution, The Royal Society and The Bloomsbury Theatre. She was one of ten UK finalists of FameLab 2017.
During the summer she can be found in a pair of wellies powering the country’s music festivals with hydrogen energy as part of UCell and in the winter behind the mic of an exciting new materials podcast called ‘rial talk. She writes the ‘Material of the Month’ column for Materials World Magazine and has a chapter in Jim Al-Khalili’s upcoming popular science book. Anna is a champion for women in science and engineering and in her “spare time” she swims open water marathons and plays the trumpet and the violin.
- Panel discussion and screening of Hidden Figures: Wednesday 3rd May, The American Embassy, London
- Pint of Science: Tuesday 16th May, London
- Vagina Museum Comedy Night: Friday 19th May, Unit 5 Gallery, Yorkton St, London
- Dr Jiggs Bowson’s Charming Science Friends: Friday 9th June at Cheltenham Science Festival
- Engineering Showoff: Tuesday 23rd June, 7:30pm at The Bloomsbury Studio, London
- Science Showoff Materials Special: Tuesday 20th June, 7:30pm at The Star of Kings, London
- Blue Dot Festival: 8th-19th July
- University of the Third Age Lecture Afternoon: Monday 16th October, 1pm at The Royal Institution, London